Thanks for posting the link. I've been following Bret Victor's blog
and the stuff he has been doing for some time.

Bret has built some very impressive UIs using OpenLaszlo, and he is a
fan of the technology and the expressiveness of the LZX language for
building UIs. OpenLaszlo was created by bunch of smart folks and
Lispers, including Oliver Steele (worked for Apple on Dylan), Max
Carlson, Tucker Withington (worked for Symbolics and Harlequin,
implemented the GC for Dylan when Apple hired Harlequin to work on the
language), and Henry Minsky (Marvin Minsky's son).
http://osteele.com/
http://pt.withy.org/

Here's an old gestural zoom/pan demo Bret built with OpenLaszlo:
http://worrydream.com/GesturalZoomAndPan/

OpenLaszlo's LZX language uses a declarative approach to building UIs
and highly interactive applications (check this video of the Laszlo
Dashboard, which was created in 2002/2003 http://vimeo.com/14206607).
LZX is a mixture of XML tags + JavaScript, which initially was
compiled into SWF bytecode. In 2007 Laszlo added cross-compilation to
JavaScript (DHTML runtime) to the platform, and in 2009
cross-compilation to ActionScript 3 (which is then compiled into SWF
using the Flex SDK).

Here's a video of the LzPix application, the first OpenLaszlo app to
cross-compile to JavaScript
http://vimeo.com/32853986

My technology dream-team for client development would be ClojureScript
combined with OpenLaszlo (has a powerful view kernel with interesting
stuff like constraints, datapath mapping using xpath, simple yet
powerful animation APIs). Instead of using XML + JavaScript, I'd
prefer to use a more Clojure/Lisp like syntax to build UIs with
OpenLaszlo in combination with ClojureScript. There's a slight chance
that we can get the OpenLaszlo Lisp folks interested in integrating
OpenLaszlo with ClojureScript (they are all working at Nest Labs now),
and I'm sure that Bret Victor would love the combination as a tool for
building some awesome prototypes.

- Raju