On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Marco Abis <marco.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First: sorry, my reply was meant to be sent to you only, not the list
>> Because it was described as "a talk". That means the bulk of the
>> actually meaningful content in it comes from someone's lips flapping.
>> That can be rendered as text, easily. If there are slides, ... but
>> I've already been over all of that.
>
> you are wrong,

No, I am *not* wrong. A talk can be translated into text+embeds with
very little or nothing being lost, almost by definition.

It might be the case that the OP was wrong when he described the video
in question as "a talk", but that's a completely different matter.

Regardless, I highly doubt that there's anywhere close to 60 minutes
of video in there that couldn't be better presented in some other way.
Most likely, it would be better as text and a few short video
segments, the latter adding up to much less than 60 minutes in
duration.

> watch the video

No. A full hour is way, way too long for something analogous to a blog
post or a mailing list message, and I have lots of other demands on my
time.

(As for gaz's conspiracy theory, I won't even dignify that with a
separate response.)