Would agree with Laurent. For newbies, I would not recommend anything apart
from Eclipse. It's really stable and I have been using it for multiple
projects over the past year. It just work. I really love the integrated
REPL and ability to debug with breakpoints.
I spent 5-6 years with Eclipse and then tried Intellij Idea for 2 years and
loved it. However with CCW I do not have any of the issues that people have
with eclipse,  because clojure vm is very lightweight. I start eclipse,
start the repl and then keep using it without any restart for weeks. Any
code that I change is live loaded into REPL.

Thanks
Anand