>From my experience crew makes a difference but the helmsman is more
responsible for an easy jibe...holding the boat DDW and maybe even free
flying a bit makes things easier on everyone and not much is lost in VMG, at
least not as much as would be lost by screwing up the jibe

Dwight Veinot
C&C 35 MKII, Alianna
Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS

-----Original Message-----
From: cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com]
On Behalf Of Indigo
Sent: September 17, 2012 6:35 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List WTB and Re: C&C 35Mk III Spinnaker Sheets / Guys

I define the "pointy end" as anything between the mast and the pulpit! I am
sure with a consistent crew where everyone knows what they are doing, an end
for end can be safe, as well as easy and fast - but in my case, I have to
sail with pick-up crew - some of whom don't know the topping lift from the
down-haul

Jonathan