We do dip pole very quickly (with lots of crew), possibly quicker than end for
end on our 35-3.  Port / starboard sheet / guy trimmers, pit, mast, foredeck
make that pole fly across as fast as I can possibly turn the boat. The trick is
to do 10 gybes in quick succession on the way to the start, always ensure the
lazy sheet is above the pole end and feed and water the crew well (plus years
of practice).  I sailed with my old crew from Boston in a couple of regattas
this year and being able to gybe on demand will let you be in the right place
on the course and make a big difference.

Of course, when you end up crewing on their boats, you should expect the same
(I ache today after a w/e in Boston)...

Tim
Mojito
35-3