Agree on the effect of “warmth” in the main cabin. We had excess Ultra-suede
from our new cushions project and the upholsterer took a length of it, added
thin foam backing and velcro to close it around the mast. I mention the foam
because a previous poster mentioned damping the sound of halyards. It didn’t
really but it looks the bit.

As regards the holes in the mast, although I generally agree with Rob that it
probably isn’t a structural issue I’d offer a differing opinion from an old
friend who had a C&C dealership in the 70’s and then later went on to work for
Forespar. He was never comfortable with all those holes. He kept urging me to
heli-arc a formed plate over the area to stiffen it.

Best,

Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay