That's what you get when you believe things you read on the internet.  :-(

Leslie.

On Thu, 6/12/14, Robert Abbott via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

 Subject: Stus-List Mast Holes
 To: "Chuck S" <cscheaf...@comcast.net>, "CNC boat owners, cnc-list"
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 Date: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 7:29 AM

     Chuck:

       I don't have any pics of the mast holes but I will
 take some the
       next time I am on the boat.  Yes they are definitely
 in a
       pattern.

       We bought our 32 from the original owner that ordered
 the boat
       from C&C, Niagara on the Lakes, in 1984.  He told
 me the mast
       holes were part of the 'special order(s)' he
 wanted.....the mast
       holes were for ventilation and not for the purpose
 Leslie Paal
       described in an earlier post:

       "The primary reason is to have a 'fail
 safe' point on the keel stepped mast in case the loss of
 standing rigging.  If the mast was going over it would not
 open up the cabin as badly.  I agree the ventilation is a
 great bonus.