The second point is valid as Fred says. When my renewal came up a few years
back I was all set to let it lapse for just the reasons that Fred said. I don’t
use it for “pay.” I got it because I kept talking about it and my wife urged to
go ahead and get it. When it came to renewal time and I mentioned that I was
considering letting it go she was the one that said that I should keep it and
that it was important to her. Interesting…

When sailing I’m pretty sanguine about the responsibility aspects of having a
license but shoveling along on my 261 Mako CC at speed it becomes a very, very
different matter entirely.

I’m still considering letting it go next re-up.

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay