Edd,

There is a Beneteau 40 at our club that had one of these installed......don't know who did the installation but they didn't do a very good job.....every Spring I see the owner have someone do recaulking between the thruster and hull.

That not with standing, the thing works from what I can observe when it is in the water.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2015-09-27 10:10 AM, Edd Schillay via CnC-List wrote:
Listers,

Was at the Norwalk Boat Show yesterday and there was a bow thruster company there which had a product that looked interesting. It was a bow thruster "pod" that mounts under the hull (as opposed to a tunnel thruster that goes through the hull).

Easier install, can run 5 minutes nonstop without overheating, wireless control, etc.

Is anyone using one of these types? Any disadvantages? I guess my biggest concern is the drag factor -- will it cost me a half knot or more?

All the best,

Edd

-------------------------------
Edd M. Schillay