C&Cs are about the last boats that need bow thrusters IMHO.

Joe Della Barba

j...@dellabarba.com <mailto:j...@dellabarba.com>

Coquina C&C 35 MK I

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Knowles
Rich via CnC-List
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2015 10:39 AM
To: cnc-list Cnc-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Knowles Rich <r...@sailpower.ca>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Bow Thrusters

You weakening Edd? Take the money and buy beer!

Rich Knowles

Nanaimo, BC
Boatless!

On Sep 27, 2015, at 06:10, Edd Schillay via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com
<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com> > wrote:

Listers,

Was at the Norwalk Boat Show yesterday and there was a bow thruster company
there which had a product that looked interesting. It was a bow thruster
"pod" that mounts under the hull (as opposed to a tunnel thruster that goes
through the hull).

Easier install, can run 5 minutes nonstop without overheating, wireless
control, etc.

Is anyone using one of these types? Any disadvantages? I guess my biggest
concern is the drag factor -- will it cost me a half knot or more?

All the best,

Edd

-------------------------------

Edd M. Schillay