Yes, I was about to suggest “water jets”.  Vetus messed around with them the
late 90’s.  Didn’t realize someone else was trying it.  They are complex beasts
with huge power draw and , presumably, lower power output per watt.  Still, for
a smaller boat (like a 40) it could be interesting and they do significantly
improve the drag issue. That is the type of unit I took off the 51.  On the
plus side, I didn’t have to run new wiring to install the lectra-san!

John