Graham — this is pretty typical of what many people use:
https://www.karstsports.com/1-flat-webbing/
<https://www.karstsports.com/1-flat-webbing/>

6000 lbs breaking strength may seem like a lot; but after a few seasons of UV,
it’ll be significantly lower than that.  The knots at the ends will be lower;
and the shock of a 250 lb person being thrown off the boat and dragged will
definitely use up a bunch of that strength…

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis