Good thread...; I have the Genoa track cleats and I find that they do OK for
docking at, say a marina or other low stress location,but they ride over the
toe rail and there is opportunity for chafe, so I don't trust them in high
tension areas, or where there is a heavy current. I also worry about the angle
of pull: if it's say, 80-90 degrees, will that warp or pull out the track?
When sailing, there is a tendency for the jib sheets to catch on them, so I
have to push them all the way forward to eliminate the ability for a flailing
sheet to catch...otherwise, they're great and I am happy to have them.

Richard
s/v Bushmark4; 1985 C&C 37 CB; Ohio River, Mile 506; Still on hard....
Richard N. Bush
2950 Breckenridge Lane, Suite Nine
Louisville, Kentucky 40220-1462
502-584-7255