I can't say for sure but I don't think you'll have a problem with 1/4".  I
lot of campers/trailers us 1/4 copper tubing for the distribution from the
tank.  Stoves, ovens, refrigerators, and heaters are all part of that
system.

 If you're making the connections/fittings I think a major consideration
will be finding the correct sizes.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+