Diesel engines CAN be fogged.  Yanmars are a little frustrating though
since they don't have glow plugs (like spark plugs) to remove for fogging.
Mine was a real turd to get started the following season and I opt for
rolling the engine as often as possible through the winter months.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD