I forgot this thread was initially about engine condensation. For a gas
engine, I would fog it for sure, we always did with inboard or outboards.
With a diesel, turning it over occasionally should be more than sufficient.
If you do want to fog your diesel, do NOT use the starter, as it may ignite
the fogging oil if cranking too fast. Have someone spray it in the intake
(with air filter removed) while cranking the engine by hand only, and fuel
supply shut off (use a decompression lever if present). Do not use too much
fogging oil or you risk hydrolocking the engine - there is very little
volume in the combustion chamber of a diesel at TDC, so it doesn't take
much.
--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com