Neil,

Are you referring to 2 lights as anchor lights?  I believe the answer is -
no two anchor lights are not allowed since that would add confusion as to
the status of the boat.  ie: 2 lights could be mistaken for something
else.  Now if you decided to string any other light in addition to the
anchor light and those lights were not easily confused with the actual
anchor light and you were not crediting them as an "anchor light" then you
would be fine.  It's kinda like when you see a cruise ship or a working
boat and the damn thing is lit up like a Christmas tree.  You can't even
find the navigation lights in the mess, certainly not quickly, but it's
legal.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+