It would help if you told us what model of C&C you have, Bo. Different models
have different means of attaching the handrails.

On my 25 there is a long, probably 1/8th or 3/16ths wood screw from the inside
of the cabin and into the “legs” of the hand rails. The screw heads are covered
by plastic caps (were originally chrome plated metal) that fill the holes in
the headliner and cover the scre heads.

On my 38, each leg of the handrail has a fastener about 2” long that is a wood
screw on one end and a machine screw on the other. Can’t recall the name of the
fastener. The wood screw is driven into the “leg” of the handrail, and a washer
and nut are on the machine screw end inside the cabin top. The fasteners and a
lot of other stuff like backing plates for  winches is hidden by removable
headliner panels.

I’ve also been aboard a C&C that had “bungs” in the inside overhead handrails
that were screwed through the cabin top and into the legs of the outside hand
rails.

Obviously YMMV.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC