I don't know how the Mk II compares with the Mk III, but when I raced with
a #3 (105%) genoa, I pointed five degrees higher than most boats in our
PHRF fleet. Any small loss in speed was more than made up for by the better
pointing angle. I was frequently first to the weather mark.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR