Some years back when were campaigning a 33-II, we were racing her in the Bras d'Or Lakes.....there was 35-II from Shediac, NB with a good crew.  The course was a beat, reach and run....every race was the same, the 33-ii would get to the first windward mark ahead the 35-II, but once on the reach and run, loose it all back.   There was nothing we could do to change it after 5 races.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - #277
Halifax, N.S.

On 2021-09-10 9:06 a.m., dwight veinot via CnC-List wrote:
The C&C 33-2 is very fast on a beat. It has PHRF 132 and the older 35-2 has PHRF 120. On a beat it’s hard for the 35-2 to stay with the slower rated 33-2. However from close reach to run the 35-2  excels. It is difficult for a faster rated C&C 37 (PHRF 105) to stay with the slower rated C&C 35-2 on those points of sail. I like sailing off the wind on a close reach, who doesn’t?  That with the well know strong construction of the older 35’s was one reason I got my 35-2 instead of a newer 33-2.