On 13.02.2017 at 18:16 Gary L. Wade wrote:

> I haven't looked at your NIB, but I've seen something of what's
> described with errant choices of diff tools and source code merging,

That certainly can't be the case since I'm not using any diff or
merging tools. It's also just a single developer project, i.e.
I'm the only one working on it.

> usually when a user just accepts a merge without eyeballing it. If
> you've got a history of your revisions, you should find where things
> changed badly. Also, if you've got a built app that works, I
> remember being able to add some extra things on older NIBs to make
> them openable in Interface Builder, but that was a really long time ago.

Unfortunately, I don't have a history of revisions. All I can say is
that the error doesn't occur with the old Xcode on the PowerPC Mac
running 10.5 and also it doesn't occur with Xcode 3.2 on my x86 Mac
running 10.6. It does, however, occur in 10.12 using the latest Xcode.

But, the project that I've uploaded to
http://www.falkenhahn.com/tmp/guitest.tar.gz
is really ridiculously simple. It's just a window, a button, and a
menu bar. That's all. Is really nobody here able to fix this project
*without* re-creating it from scratch? It's just a few kilobytes of
XML after all...

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andr...@falkenhahn.com