On 13.02.2017 at 19:49 Gary L. Wade wrote:

> Your assignments for the File’s Owner and Application objects are
> messed up.  First, clear the custom class values for these two
> objects.  After that, connect the delegate outlet in the Application
> object to your embedded AppDelegate object.

Thanks, but unfortunately, this doesn't help either (or I did it wrong).

Here's what I did:

1) Select File's Owner, go to Custom Class section in the Identity
inspector, delete what was inside the "Class" text field; the
"Class" text field is now empty but Xcode shows "NSObject" in
gray (indicating that this is probably the default)

2) Select Application, and repeat the steps from above; the "Class"
text field for Application is now empty as well and Xcode shows
"NSApplication" in gray

3) Then I changed to the Connections inspector for Application,
held down CMD and dragged the "delegate" item in the "Outlets"
section to my AppDelegate object; thus, it now shows
"delegate: AppDelegate" in the Connections inspector

However, as I said, the menus are still disabled in every 3rd
attempt or so :( It's really a frustrating experience. Such a
simple project, so much pain!

Any other ideas?

--
Best regards,