On 13.02.2017 at 23:13 Graham Cox wrote:

> The problem here is that you seem unwilling to take a little time
> to learn the basics of Interface Builder.

No, that's not the problem here. I knew how to use IB on the old PowerPC Mac,
but that was 10 years ago. Now I'm trying to compile this old project on a
10.12 system with the latest Xcode but somehow the project was messed up by
Xcode when converting it from the old format to the new one and now it
shows weird issues.

Of course, I could just dump the old project and start a new one with the
latest Xcode, re-creating everything from scratch. But do you really think
that is a satisfactory solution? To me, this is a defeat because I'd have
to acknowledge that it's impossible to transition a project from an old
PowerPC Mac to the latest Xcode and I just refuse to believe that this
should be impossible. So the real problem here is to find out what's wrong
with this particular project which is not a matter of being "unwilling to
take a little time to learn the basics of Interface Builder" because...

> Don’t you think that would
> be time better spent than beating for hours on a problem that would
> take a developer experienced with IB a few minutes?

...several more experienced people have had a look at the project and although
it is really minimal, nobody (!) has been able to solve the issue. Instead,
it was suggested that this might even be a bug in Xcode or Mac OS. So it's not
a matter of not knowing how to use Xcode but rather a matter of something
being buggy.

> Someone has to point out the elephant in this particular room.

Thanks for your effort but before jumping to quick conclusions next time
you should probably just read all mails on the matter first, no offense! :-)

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andr...@falkenhahn.com