On 01.11.2008, at 16:23, Rakesh Singhal wrote:
Thanks Andy. I do not need to port to Qt but it is good to know. I will have to write it from scratch using Carbon C++ application template. The given
link is very useful.

Don't use Carbon for GUI work. HIToolbox, the GUI part of Carbon, is being discontinued. It will stay available, but it won't be updated for 64-bit. Don't be scared of Cocoa and Objective C. There is Objective C++, which lets you mix C++ and Objective C on the expression level. Look into that.

Don't think Carbon is the better choice just because it's a straight C API and comes with a tiny C++ wrapper 'framework' in its template.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de