Hi Adam,

Happy New Year to you too!

Go for OpenGL. If you choose something else, you might run into problems along the road.

I know OpenGL can handle both 2D and 3D, and you get a fairly good support from samples on the Web. -Take a look at the CocoaGLView at http://developer.apple.com/ samplecode, you're up and running in a few minutes.

The advantage of using OpenGL is that you can...
* Make cross-platform development.
* Start out easy without any texture-fancy stuff, and then, if you like to, you can add textures later on. * Get the graphics card to do the work, rather than making the CPU burn hot.

A last thing: Never use NSBezierPath, unless you're writing a program like Illustrator. ;) ...First time I tried to make 200 pixels with NSBezierPath, I had 1 FPS; I quickly found out that NSRectFill was faster.

Love,
Jens