If it doesn't require a Cocoa app, there's also tools tuned for 2D/3D visualization like Processing. It's very easy to get into, but since it's based on Java, you can dig deeper. There are several libraries that increase its usefulness, including one which apparently adds OpenGL acceleration, and there is Mobile Processing as well. It's probably not be the fastest thing, however.

John