Years ago I used my real name.  I was very new to cocoa (this is like 2002) and
asked some dumb questions. I got flamed to death. I began using a man's name
shortly there after and dumb questions did not receive even remotely the same
hostility. (Admittedly some though) I started using that fake name in all
correspondence and people stopped asking for refunds over a minor bug with a
quick workaround. Perviously, I'd get a support request, they'd see a woman's
name in the signature and the reply from them? "doesn't work I want my money."
Immediately after playing a game of remmington steele (2 pts if you get that)
that type of crap stopped. People would trouble shoot, follow instructions, and
act with a degree of dignity. (Albeit in many cases minimal at best). I was
able to quickly find work arounds, then implement a fix and release an update.
Where previously getting enough information to even figure out what had
happened was like pulling teeth... wisdom teeth, no pun intended.

Some time later I decided that playing boy so people would listen and treat me
with even the most minimal respect was B.S. That's why the meaningless name in
my email even though by and large I do not use a pseudonym anywhere else in the
world.
My name is April. You can refer to me as April if you so desire.

And yes, believe it or not, sexism still exists. And honestly with things like
the Dr. Pepper commercial I'm not really sure if it's getting better or worse.

Anyway until you just mentioned it, it never even dawned on me that I was still
"hiding" on this list.

April.