On Nov 11, 2011, at 16:59 , April wrote:

> That's why the meaningless name in my email even though by and large I do not
> use a pseudonym anywhere else in the world.

AFAIK, there is not and never has been any standard of etiquette for this list
that forbids or even frowns upon the use of pseudonyms. In fact, I distinctly
remember an occasion, a couple of years ago, where the list moderator chastised
a list member for chastising another list member for posting under an obvious
pseudonym. The value of the list is in the interchange of technical ideas, and
the form of self-identification used by each contributor belongs within the
discretion of that contributor, I'd say.