>> Man I don't know why there is soo much hate towards v4... but I personally
>> love it. I think it's one of the best IDE's available on any platform. Yes
>> there are bugs... but there are bugs in every IDE. Go try and use Visual
>> Studio. Gah.
>>
>> To be honest, it seems that the majority of the noise is about a slightly
>> different workflow than what is used to from v3. My answer to that is,
>> adapt or di... err I mean, or get fired.
>>
>> My $0.02 anyway.
>
> I didn't have a problem with most aspects of the new workflows in Xcode 4. In
> the last 12 months, Xcode has seen a series of big updates, and hopefully,
> the dust can start to settle a little more between major SDK releases. I have
> to admit, though, that I've also found the constant changes exciting to
> follow.
>
> Preston
I have to agree with Gene. I wasn't going to acknowledge this thread, but it is
good to hear more than just people moaning.

The initial adjustment to 4.x was jarring, but once you get used to the
changes, they're mostly great!
To the credit of the Xcode dev team, this thing is a HUGE undertaking and it's
only gotten better with each update!
What clang & llvm do for code completion.. and the fix-it mechanism... just
awesome and amazing.
Just think how much work it is to build any IDE or fancy text editor... now try
to do that yourself, even with a team... then you will appreciate how awesome
it is.

The only beef I have is with how much work it is generating & maintaining
localization xib files. I wish all the default menu strings were supplied for
the consistent experience for end-users of apps, and that there was a better
mechanism to manage it gracefully.

I would be in heaven if Xcode and TextMate got married and had a child.