I am a rank beginner in Xcode and Objective-C, very slowly getting to grips with things using Xcode 4.5.1 in 10.8. My only significant experience is with AppleScript and Perl and, so far as AppleScript is concerned, it looks to me as though I’d be wiser to set it aside and work in straight C and ObjC.

Perl is another matter altogether. While I am getting up to speed with Obj-C I would like to be able to include Perl routines within projects, and I can find very little on the WWW to be guided by. So far I have experimented simply with

  system ("hard-coded/path/to/file")

I have not yet even attempted anything with NSTask and found no way to add Perl scripts to the project file tree and refer to them by relative path, so you can see I am not very far forward!

Any hints would be much appreciated. I shall doubtless have many more questions of a more mainstream nature.

JD