Hi all,

I'm just curious about something. I've been reading the Cocoon-users list
for a couple of weeks or so and I see a lot of folks in Europe (and
Australia--Jeff T!) interested in Cocoon. I'm sure it's not a matter of
Americans (& Canadians?) not being interested, I'm sure. (Oh, & Antonio, I
don't want to leave you out!) Right?

With the utmost respect for the Project I observe that Cocoon is a bit of a
fringe product as far as web development is concerned. I happen to believe
this "fringe" is the leading edge of something big, which is why I'm here.
So here's my question: If any of what I've said above has truth in it, is
there a particular reason why Cocoon might have special appeal to Europeans?
Is there something about the mindset of European programmers that leads them
to Cocoon? Is Open-Source Software viewed differently, on the whole, in
Europe than America? Does this have anything to do with Microsoft's
influence in America? I guess that's more than one question! Interested in
your observations...

Reason I ask... I live in Seattle (Microsoft-land), and I'd love to find
work using Cocoon and/or Java (but especially Cocoon!), but I don't see as
much mindshare here as I think it deserves.

Jeff