I've been working with Cocoon for a little over a year now (in the
US) and have certainly have had that feeling.  There have been some
really good points so far which I won't recapitulate.  I'll just
add a couple of tidbits:

- I have been looking for Cocoon related jobs in the US and haven't
found a single one (yet).
- There haven't been (yet) any big name companies adopting cocoon
publicly - this would help.
- I have made some wrong assumptions based on names, and other cues
(how well they seem to know the people who I _know_ live in Europe)
only to find they are in the States.
- I think the books have helped visibility here - I've
noticed more name recognition recently when I mention Cocoon.
- I think some here will take a "wait and see" attitude to see if Cocoon
will "jump the pond".
- We need some Cocoon users groups in the US.  I'm in DC and know there's at
least 5-10 regulars on the list from here.  (maybe I'll meet them at John
Callahan's shpiel).

Anyone in DC up for a C.H.U.G.? (Cocoon Hackers & Users Group)

Geoff