Too much overhead for the IRC servers and not really needed - if people don't like the colours most clients will allow them to be stripped off. And reducing the number of bans for using colours isn't really someting we're concerned with - people should just learn to respect the rules of channels they go in.
Yeah but sometimes clients tend to lock up @ the sight of mIRC code

Increadibly limited use not to mention esoteric. I can't see it being accepted on Undernet. Adding a new channel mode which will get used on one channel on the whole network doesn't make any real sense. In general if we want to make a channel oper only, we just set it +i like anyone else would when they want to control who gets in.
I guess you're right...That one was a request put in by someone else

- Necromncr