James Strachan wrote:

> I'd really like a stable release of Jelly out ASAP so migrating it to the
> commons proper sounds like a great idea.

There is no need for a stable release.

All you need ( IMO ) is a community and a plan to eventually get
a release.

> Though I am having second thoughts on whether Commons is the right place
> for Jelly; maybe it should be a top level Jakarta project? Jelly started
> out as a little reusable XML scripting engine that could be embedded
> anywhere and is increasingly growing in scope to have all kinds of add-on
> libraries like JellyUnit, JellySwing and to do things like SOAP scripting
> (via Apache Axis).

If jelly commiters want it to be a top level jakarta project, I'm
sure it can happen.

I would presonally prefer to see it as a commons project. It can have
its own list ( like httpclient ), but I think it would benefit from
the low-entry barier, and given the ammount of plugins it has
it would be much easier for people to contribute to it.

It would also be much easier for other project to rely on jelly.

That doesn't mean I'm against it as top-level, just that I think it
would be _much_ better for jelly to be a common component.

Costin