On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Dirk Verbeeck wrote:

> > My preferred short definition of J-C is:
> > 'creating and maintaining small-scale, reusable, utility components written
> > in Java'
>
> Sounds OK, we should also update the commons homepage, there are also
> a couple of outdated statements on that page.

+1 to both comments.

[on the charter]

For example, I've never seen a 'sponsoring sub-project' looking after a
codebase in Commons (1.5.1).

I'm not sure if 1.5.2 has happened or not. Unsure exactly what it means.

(2) JNDI and Naming was not an initial source.

(3) Mailing lists not correctly listed.

(3.4) No Jyve.

It'd be interesting to go over the 'Guidelines' and make sure that the new
mavenised projects are successfully obeying all of them [and that the old
ones are].

Hen