I don't follow.

The current Jakarta Commons charter reads (under "scope of the
subproject"):

"The subproject shall create and maintain packages written in the Java
language, intended for use in server-related development, and designed to
be used independently of any larger product or framework."

in what way is anything in j-c "specifically different" from that
statement?

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>