On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Gary Gregory wrote:

> > Jakarta is, and IMO should remain, a Java only project.  This is not
> > SourceForge.
>
> Yes, please, Jakarta == Java. This makes Jakarta one place to go for all
> things Java that are not TLP (like Ant).

You mean for all things Java that are not TLP or inside another umbrella
TLP, right? Don't forget that you still have to look inside various other
TLPs to find things like Xerces and Xalan (XML), Lenya (Cocoon) or SOAP
(Web Services).

Saying Jakarta => Java is one thing, but trying to say Java => Jakarta
isn't going to go very far.

--
Martin Cooper