On 5/25/07, Nestor Urquiza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Rahul,

IMHO in order to use SCXML as a WEB Controller I would say non atomic and side effect
activities should be allowed within onEntry and onEntry events. This might be violating
the whole Harel State theory ... I really do not knoiw ... but from a protocol
perspective states are most likely related to results of interactions between the two
peers and those interactions will have side effects for the state machine execution which
I understand I can accomplish using scxml "if" statements of course but
definitely an exception handling mechanism would be handy.

<snip/>

Though not all those interactions are (or should be) onentry/exit
executable content.

I understand there is a solution to make activities atomic operations and so
create pseudostates or multiple states but that option complicates maintanance
and reuse of code for a WEB domain.

For the main domain SCXML was created, I mean VXML it can be not that difficult
to manage the whole application with thousand states. For a WEB application
though the path would be extremely hard and will start giving more issues that
advantages over other MVC solutions.

<snap/>

I think the SCXML will (and has already, to a certain extent) grown
beyond its legacy to be truly generic at this point.

As said before I am managing the logic using if statements. It would be great
to have an event priority solution that will allow the logical execution to be
stopped when an abnormal situation occurs.

<snip/>

I'm not even sure event priority is what you are looking for, since it
might not change the way executable content is dealt with.

-Rahul

Thanks a lot!!!

Regards,

-Nestor