Sander,

You said, "Hang on a minute.  Why does everyone need commit access to this
one?  All ASF members have commit access to it."  I had asked, "What would
happen if we had an Incubator module open to all ASF Committers?  Would that
lower the barrier and increase reuse?"

Are you referring to ASF Members, as opposed to Committers, having commit
access to the site module?  If so, I don't disagree that perhaps the ASF
site module need not be opened, but is there a reason not to allow all
Committers to update common documents related to procedures and other
project matters?  Perhaps not in the site module, but in another suitable
module?

> I'm sure it isn't that hard to find someone to commit sent in patches.
> Is generating and sending in a patch considered too high a barrier?

According to the posts in infrastructure@, at least some people would sooner
copy text from a page into their own CVS than submit patches.

        --- Noel