On Tuesday 21 September 2004 18:00, Ross Gardler wrote:

> To be honest I feel that the need for the ASF to make a "case for it" is
> in itself quite insulting. They (Genuitec) even have the names of some
> ASF projects on their home page. Yet a search of their site for "Apache"
> only reveals a couple of forum threads.

+1.
Companies who doesn't recognize their dependency and cost-savings due to OSS
in general and ASF in particular, are outright arrogant and should not be
entertained.
I think ASF folks could query a lot of companies for development tools, and
most would grant without any motivations from ASF. Although I think ASF
should establish a separate "Donation Policy" for development tools, and any
company that does an ASF-wide donation of tools, will get listed on a
'Tools-thankyou' page.

Cheers
Niclas
--