On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 02:13, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Originally it mainly seemed to sell itself as having an excellent tool for
> using Struts, plus some nice JSP editing. Looking at the much larger
> feature list on their side, there's definitely more there now, but does
> any of it really help with the development of Apache products?

I haven't used the new features neither, but as you said, one such area
it helps a lot is on JSP development - although it doesn't yet support
taglib development, it has a good support on the web app deployment and
debugging. So, it would be useful for the Jakarta Taglibs project, for
instance.

> I don't know of Apache projects using Struts, EJBs, Hibernate, JSF;
> instead we create these systems.

First, AFAIK we don't create JSF and Hibernate :-(
Now, taking Struts as example, we don't provide just the framework, but
also demo applications and taglibs. So, I guess MyEclipseIDE could be
useful while developing/debuging these apps, for instance. And probably
the same could apply to Geronimo.

-- Felipe