On Tuesday 21 September 2004 18:58, Santiago Gala wrote:

> "Placement" in the ASF is a tough issue. I would say that, while
> trying to donate licenses to the ASF is always welcome, the marketing
> implications of it are up to the PRC and Board.

Sure. I can't remember who handed out free copies of some tools, which only
worked for sources under a dozen or so package namespaces, such as
org.apache, org.eclipse and so on...
>From a company's perspective the associated cost is very low, since not even
the ASF committers can use the tool for their day job.

Anyway, I still think the PRC should formulate some policy making concrete
procedural guidelines for such tools donations.

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /