On Wednesday 29 September 2004 06:38, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

<snip content="appreciated" />

> If you believed in the technology, the brand should not care.

I think this is probably the best advice I have gotten all week. Seriously!

> And when asked *expliticly* to address our concerns about
> community-style, you just look the other way.

Until this day, I have not been interested in history, there is no point at
pointing fingers and place blame. I have a long list of people (myself,
Stephen, you Stefano, and *many* others) who have their fair share of blame
in the Avalon 'disaster'. Don't point fingers at others without pointing at
your own nose first, is my motto.

> Tell me: what would *you* do in my shoes?

Well, that is a highly hypothetical question, isn't it?
I am not the master creator of communities, who take pride in stepping away
when he thinks he is an obstacle to the community, yet steps back in and with
'determination' sets 'half paralyzed' projects back on track. YOU are really
good at it, so what would I know of what to do in this situation?

I am a simple man, who likes to chitchat over a beer in an Irish Pub, or as a
poor man's substitute for airtickets, ICQ, and would probably spend more time
with people at a social level, accepting that all are not equal and not
expecting big changes from them, than re-iteration of rhetoric. Even people I
don't like can teach me something positive. And often people I don't like at
first (like my wife) can be much more genuine than first impression, or what
is expressed in fruitless debates and flamefests.

What would I do? Perhaps provide some better guidance of how to make things
better and less critique of what's wrong? But then I again, I am not in your
shoes, and most likely never will be.

Cheers
Niclas
--