Out of curiosity...
In the picture you linked ( http://i59.tinypic.com/10cnu5c.jpg ), how does
your program read the position in the top left, considering the illegal
stone there?
Or does it not have any Go rules knowledge and leaves the interpretation to
the user? In that case it may create .sgf with illegal moves in it.
Considering during a regular game, you will actually snapshot illegal
positions a few times (when you take a picture between placing the stone
and removing the captures) I'm really wondering how your program handles it.