The saga continues, but I've reached"detente" with my ibook. By leaving BAD
enough alone, I've managed toget probes that were small enough to move--yet not
extract-- theheadphone plug that is still lodged in the jack. But by moving it,
theibook managed to finally boot back up! I'm now using it as before andfound
all of my files intact (this is without booting it up at all overthe last four
months!). It's likely that I will stop here -- because Ican at least use the
hard drive as a workstation--connected to my newhome network. But then still go
forth to purchase a new MacBook. Thanks Paula for you input about your MacBook
Pro (along with the newround of suggestions Betty included), and our other
colleague whoreminded me about the Washington Users Group meeting in Rockville.
Imay still take you up on that offer.
The last question I have herethough is on eBay sellers. If I take the eBay
route to purchase thenew one, I'm a bit skittish since I haven't purchased
anything fromthere before. Have any of you purchased computers from someone
morethan once?
Arnold [EMAIL PROTECTED]