Tom;

The issue here is freedom of two business corporations (or a corporation and individual in the rare case of the unincorporated artist significant enough to warrant space on the shelves) to contract. No one would dream of telling a store they must sell a particular pattern or wallpaper, or a particular book or movie. Neither would it be acceptable for the government to tell an artist that they must make wallpaper, books, or movies to a specific artistic standard. A store is free to sell (subject to health and safety rules, etc.) what in their opinion will allow them to maximize profits, or to choose to not maximize profits where such would conflict with a more important (to the store) goal (which see Chick Fil'A which will not open on Sundays). An artist is free to produce and sell, in one or multiple versions, a work of art for whatever motivates them. It could be profit, it could be a desire to spread a message, it could be pure ego.

In the case of Wal-mart, two parties strike a deal for what one will sell via the other. If either is not satisfied, they are free to seek other partners.

Regarding Newspapers and such, sure, Wal-mart can tell the Washington post to produce a stress free fish wrap. The Post is free to stay no and decline to sell via Wal-mart. They are not free to demand that Wal-mart carry their fish wrap as is.

For the record, I do not support the notion of corporate personhood. I think a corporate entity should have no rights other than, and all rights that adhere to, the individuals comprising the corporate entity. I don't think you and I together should either loose or gain rights should we act in concert.

Matthew