On Monday 31 March 2003 02:41, Pierre Jarillon wrote:

> I agree with a longer stability/testing/fixing period. Now, there is enough
> of things in the distro and the main interest of the users will be the
> stability and a lower number a bug.
> IMHO, Mdk 8.2 was the best usable distro and since this time the quality
> is beginning to suffer. It is absolutly necessary to do better.

For me 9.0 was the most uncomplicated version ever (haven't seen 9.1 yet ;))
and the fastest too.

> The frequency of releases is not important.

But it is imortant for getting new stuff in. Do you really think all free
software development will stop now and mandrake can lean back and focus on
stability ?

We have to learn:
- how to use bugzilla
- how to produce usefull fixes and patches

mandrake staff has to learn:
- communication ;)
- even more of the first point

And if I got it right the improvement in the use of bugzilla was big.

--
Regards
Steffen