On Thursday 08 March 2001 05:26, you wrote:
> Actually, I think its KDE thats bloated and resource hungry.
> I have an AMD K6 350 with 64 megs of RAM,
> give it KDE and netscape 6 and it goes so slowly I have
> to check to make *certain* its not running Windows!

64MB is tight.  However, run Konqueror instead of Netscape and see how much
free memory you have.  Netscape 4 is certainly a massive memory hog.

> I think its something to do with the processes that KDE runs
> to check for hung applications. Its just a hunch tho.

Don't go on hunches.  Do your homework, and at least run top to see who is
using what memory.  Don't blame KDE until you've got evidence to back it up.
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]