Hi

baal> The installer could check for the kind of CPU and adjust in
baal> consequence...

As it is not nown a good pattern to recognize the machines affected
(normally they are AMD + VIA + NVidea, but not all).  That means that
only good solution for the insntaller is trying to stress AGP too
hard, and if the machine crashes, put mem=nopentium.

Ooops, but if we have crashed, we can't change anything :(

Later, Juan.

PD. Pixel, solution to this problem is easy:
    Installer in OpenGL now :)

are different -- Larry McVoy