Charles A Edwards wrote:

> The kernel-header are a part of the glibc src and have been so for
> almost 6 months
> It Is Not part of the kernel-x.x.x.xmdk-x-xmdk.src.rpm.
> The version of the kernel-headers rpm is dependent upon the installed
> kernel of the build host for glibc.
>
> kernel-source-x.x.x-xmdk.i586.rpm has never included kernel-headers,
> header are a separate rpm.

Given this, I don't understand why the build would not fail due to
missing headers if only kernel-headers is installed. How is it that the
kernel-source headers automatically 'override' the kernel-headers if
kernel-source is installed?

In other words, kernel-headers file '/usr/include/[sys]/<header>.h'
includes 'linux/<header>.h', but if kernel-source is not installed, then
'linux/<header>.h' does not exist, yet the build does not fail.

  Care to explain?

> Pkgs rebuilds such as NVIDIA_kernel Require that Both kernel-source and
> kernel-header be installed.

Too bad that NVIDIA can't fix their BuildRequires then. BTW, does it now
compile with gcc != 2.96? In the past I've always had problems compiling
with gcc >= 3.0 (so I had to set IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH before building.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>